) - United States Visa Embargo against Iran
Since the Iranian revolution, United States has established visa embargo against Iranian citizens. Iranian journalists and politicians, in many occasions, were not allowed to attend the United Nations meetings and events due to the United States’ visa embargo against Iran.
- 1 2002
- 2 2006
- 3 2007
- 4 2008
- 5 2009
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- Iran''s most acclaimed musicians, Hossein Alizadeh was denied a US visa and did not attend the concert with Shajarian’s team.
- More than 100 Iranian citizens traveling to Santa Clara for a reunion of graduates and professors from Sharif university were stopped at U.S. airports and told the visas they were carrying had been revoked.
- The U.S. denied a visa to Iran''s United Nations ambassador who was scheduled to participate in UN General Assembly meeting.
- Iranian Blind Powerlifting Team did not participate in the world championship in Miami due to visa denial.
- Parviz Davoudi, the vice president of Iran was denied a visa to attend United Nations’ economic meeting.
Tags:Abbas Kiarostami, General Assembly, Hossein Alizadeh, Iran, Iranian, Miami, Nations, New York, Parviz, US, United Nations, United Nations General Assembly, United States, United States Visa Embargo against Iran, Visa, Wikipedia