• Login/Register
  • Section: Place /Monday 13th October 2014

    Alphabetic Index : A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

    Search β):

    * Naqadeh *


    (Wikipedia) - Naqadeh For the administrative subdivision, see Naqadeh County. For the village in East Azerbaijan Province, see Naqadeh, East Azerbaijan. For the village in Hamadan Province, see Naqadeh, Hamadan. "Sulduz" redirects here. For the village in Miandoab County, see Sulduz, Miandoab. "Solduz" redirects here. For the administrative subdivision, see Solduz Rural District. Naqadeh نقده Country Province County Bakhsh Population (2006)  • Total Time zone  • Summer (DST)
    Coordinates: 36°57′19″N 45°23′17″E / 36.95528°N 45.38806°E / 36.95528; 45.38806Coordinates: 36°57′19″N 45°23′17″E / 36.95528°N 45.38806°E / 36.95528; 45.38806
    West Azerbaijan
    IRST (UTC+3:30)
    IRDT (UTC+4:30)

    Naqadeh (Persian: نقده‎, Azerbaijani: ﺳﻮﻟﺪﻭﺯ , Süldüz ; also known as Nagadeh, Naghadeh, Naghdeh, and Nākhuda; formerly known as Suldüz, also Romanized as Sulduz, Solduz and Suldoz) is a city in and the capital of Naqadeh County, West Azerbaijan Province, Iran. At the 1996 census, its population was 110,257, in 20,781 families.

    The city is located in the Gadar River valley, 23 kilometres (14 mi) south of Lake Urmia at an elevation of 1,300 metres (4,300 ft) above sea-level. The region''s economy is based around agriculture, particularly the production of fruit, grain, and timber. Naqadeh is nicknamed as the Sulduz city of Azerbaijan. In Turkish Sulduz means plain water (i.e. a plain with water), this name because of the geographical situation of the city was chosen by ancient Turks who live their.

    The town is inhabited mainly by the Turkic Qarapapaq confederacy (made up of the tribes of Ayrumlu, Ojaq and Afshar, who were resettled from the Caucasus into Persia/Iran after the loss of Georgia and Armenia to Russia following the first and second Russo-Persian Wars), with a Kurdish minority. Until the genocides of World War One, the town was once home to a large number of Assyrians who perished during the Assyrian Genocide. The main religion is Shia Islam


    Historical places

    Naqadeh has several cultural and recreational attractions like "Yeddi göz" and "Sultan Yaghoob". The most important worth seeing and historical places of the city are as follows:

    Education Language

    More than 65 percent of population of city speak in Azeri Turkish, remaining less than 35 percent speak in Kurdish (most Kurdish population are living in the villages, which are near to Mahabad, Piranshahr and Oshnaviyeh).


    The regional economy greatly depends on agricultural products, and cattle and sheep are raised both for meat and for wool. Some of this production is exported. The region''s farmers also raise apples, grapes, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, peas, and other fruits. The high farm production results from the fertile soil and the use of modern machinery and scientific farming methods.

    Tags:Afshar, Armenia, Assyrian, Azad, Azerbaijan, Azeri, Caucasus, East Azerbaijan, East Azerbaijan Province, Georgia, Hajji Firuz, Hamadan, Iran, Iranian, Islam, Kurdish, Lake Urmia, Mahabad, Naghadeh, Naqadeh, Persia, Persian, Russia, Shia, Shia Islam, Sultan, Turkish, Turks, Urmia, West Azerbaijan, West Azerbaijan Province, Wikipedia

    Add definition or comments on Naqadeh

    Your Name / Alias:
    Definition / Comments
    neutral points of view
    Source / SEO Backlink:
    Anti-Spam Check
    Enter text above
    Upon approval, your definition will be listed under: Naqadeh

    Happy Summer Sale

    Home About us / Contact    Products    Services    Iranian History Today    Top Iran Links    Iranian B2B Web Directory    Historical Glossary
    Copyright @ 2004-2016 fouman.com All Rights Iranian