) - Iran Electronics Industries
Iran Electronics Industries صنایع الکترونیک ایران
|Defense, Electronics |
|1972 (1972) |
|Tehran, Iran |
|Electronic systems and products |
|Islamic Republic of Iran |
|1600 (2005) |
|Shiraz Electronics Industries (SEI) Iran Communication Industries (IEI) Information Systems of Iran (ISI) Electronic Components Industries (ECI) Isfahan Optics Industries (IOI) Iran Electronic Research Center (IERC) |
Iran Electronics Industries (IEI, Persian: صنایع الکترونیک ایران (Sana-ey Electronik-e Iran); also known as صاایران) is a state-owned subsidiary of Iran''s Defense Industries Organization. It is a diversified organization with operations in electronics, optics, electro-optics, communications, computer and semiconductors.
- 1 History
- 2 Current status
- 3 Motto
- 4 Activities
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
- 7 References
IEI was established as a government company in 1972 in order to develop military materials for the Iranian Military. IEI has developed a high potential in research and development (R&D) which is the technological backbone of the company. IEI is an amalgamation of different manufacturing plants and companies in different parts of the country.
During the reign of Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, the company used the missile facility at Shiraz.
Following the Iranian Revolution and the outbreak of the Iran–Iraq War, Iran began to reorganise its industries to establish a war orientated manufacturing and research focus. IEI was a natural candidate to come under the supervision of the Defense Industries Organization, where it has remained since.
The new generation of Iran''s national reconnaissance satellites called Toloo (Dawn) have been designed and produced by IEI in 2010.
It provides products and services for both the Iranian government and the public.
IEI is considered as the largest electronic conglomerate in Iran.
It is an ISO 9000 company. Its products meet international military standards.
The company''s motto is "Forging Ahead Daily".
The company currently maintains six subsidiaries which are each responsible for operational scopes in high-tech fields.
The subsidiaries and their respective industries are:
- SHIRAZ ELECTRONICS INDUSTRIES (SEI)
- Electronic Warfare Industry
- Avionics Industry
- Radar & Microwave Industry
- Naval Electronics Industry
- Mechanical Parts Industry
- Electro-Optics Industry
- Engineering and Tech. Support Industry
- Computer Peripheral Industry
- Missile Electronics Industry
- IRAN COMMUNICATION INDUSTRIES (IEI)
- Tactical Communication Industry
- Communication Security Industry
- Telecommunications Industry
- Mechanical Parts Industry
- Electronic Components Industry
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS OF IRAN (ISI)
- Setting up of computer sites
- Design and establishment of networks
- Maintenance of main frames and minicomputers
- LAN development and services (X.25)
- Offering super data base (SUPRA)
- Offering total solution projects (turn-key)
- High-grade training programs
- Software migration
- Handling of grand scale projects
- Consultation services
- ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS INDUSTRIES (ECI)
- Semi-conductors (transistors & ICs)
- Electronic credit cards
- Multilayer, single & double sided PCBs
- Hybrid circuits (thick films)
- Quartz crystals & oscillators
- High purity oxygen & nitrogen gases
- Electronic ceramics
- ISFAHAN OPTICS INDUSTRIES (IOI)
- Computer sided Design of optical elements
- Computer Aided Design of optical systems
- Computer Aided Design of multiIayer coatings
- Production of different interference filters
- Production of long range binoculars
- Production of military periscopes for tanks
- Design and manufacture of reticles
- Advanced optical tests and measurements
- Transparent conductive coating
- Design and manufacture of optical sightsforguns
- Analysis of optical systems
- IRAN ELECTRONIC RESEARCH CENTER (IERC)
Its telecom products include the assembly of mobile handsets under licence from the Belgian company Sagem.
Tags:Communication, Computer, ISO, Iran, Iran Electronics Industries, Iranian, Iranian Revolution, Iran–Iraq War, Iraq, Isfahan, Islamic, Islamic Republic, Islamic Republic of Iran, Pahlavi, Persian, Quartz, Revolution, Reza Pahlavi, Shah, Shiraz, Tactical, Tehran, Website, Wikipedia